No Sighting--Noppadol Paothong at STL Audubon Annual Dinner Oct 20th

St. Louis Audubon Society

2013 Annual Dinner & Silent Auction

Sunday, October 20th, 5 p.m.

Noppadol Paothong, Photographer

We are pleased to announce our 2013 Annual Dinner will take place at The Highlands Golf Club in Forest Park on Sunday, October 20th. Awards will be presented for Outstanding Conservationist, Educator and Volunteer. The evening will conclude with our keynote speaker Noppadol Paothong, photographer and author, discussing his recent book, “Save the Last Dance – A Story of North American Grassland Grouse.”

Our Conservation Award will be presented to John Behrer, Shaw Nature Reserve Director, in recognition of the decades-long effort by him and his staff to restore the natural areas of the Nature Reserve. Our Educator Award goes to Jerry Castillon, Meramec Community College, for his 50 years of passion teaching biology and environmental studies in the classroom, at workshops and through field experience programs.

Noppadol Paothong will showcase his book, “Save the Last Dance – A Story of North American Grassland Grouse” – a book he’s been working on for over a decade. He will share stories from his 11-year journey of documenting these highly endangered and extraordinary birds, along with his captivating images of the species’ mating rituals and habitats and interesting videos from behind the scenes. Noppadol hopes the book can help rescue grassland grouse from the brink of extinction by showing the world what it stands to lose if these species are allowed to disappear forever.

Noppadol Paothong is a staff wildlife photographer with the Missouri Department of Conservation. He has received numerous awards for his work which has also appeared in Audubon, Field & Stream and others. Copies of his book will be available for sale, and he will be available for signing during the social hour.

The cost is $40 per person. Reservations are required; space is limited. Don’t delay!

The Highlands is at 5163 Clayton Avenue, St. Louis 63110, in the southeast corner of Forest Park.

For additional details and registration, visit: http://www.stlouisaudubon.org/calendar/content/annual-dinner-2013.php

Sincerely,

Mitch Leachman

Executive Director