I've been seeing large flocks of Egrets recently over STL. They fly in a V formation also.

Hope this helps.

Christian Hagenlocher
Biology teacher
Principia Upper School
St. Louis, MO

Sent from my iPhone

On Oct 7, 2013, at 19:38, Carol Goodman <[log in to unmask]> wrote:

Hello MO birders,

I was being driven to the airport yesterday (10/6) around 5:30pm, and in the distance was seeing huge skeins of white birds - possibly Snow Geese? - flying South in V formation. Unfortunately, they were very distant and my bins were in the suitcase in the trunk. I haven't seen any note of these in ebird, and wondered if anyone else saw same (or has a different theory of what they might have been)?

Thanks and good birding!

Carol Goodman
Bloomfield Hills, MI