I have a female or juvenile hummingbird.  Looks like ruby-throat, but when she/it bends forward to feed, her head looks quite dark, almost black.  The feeder is hanging from the canopy over my patio; I don't see her as being in shadow when she's sitting erect.  Feeder is a red humm-zinger; don't think it's reflecting off her head.

What other field marks should I be looking for?  Bill black, doesn't appear curved.  White fleck above eye.  Your basic green hummingbird otherwise.  Late ruby-throat?

Dency Kahn
Olivette, St. Louis County