Brad Jacobs and Andrew Scaboo  birded from 7:30 am to 10:30 am at Bradford Farm. It was 42 deg. F with a 3-5 mph S wind. The Clear sky slowly clouded up over the morning. Lots of birds have moved into the area with the cold front last night. We met up with a couple from St. Louis, Slava ???? and his wife, with a big camera, got a great picture of the Le Conte's Sparrow that we encircled and watched it come to the top of the grass and look at us for several minutes from about 20 feet. Made the morning for us. 23 species total with possible mid-sized strong flying falcon heading south.
Highlights are:
1 Double-crested Cormorant
1 Sora - in marsh north of west lake
1 Sharp-shinned Hawk
1 Peregrine Falcon-  low flying over the fields
8 Barn Swallows
8 Sedge Wrens - everywhere in the swales
2 Dickcissels
1 Nashville Warbler - in a weedy swale north side of road
1 Swamp Sparrow
10 Savannah Sparrow
1 Le Conte's Sparrow - just northwest of cross roads east of  west lake

Brad

Brad Jacobs
Missouri Department of Conservation
P.O. Box 180