Fellow Mobirders.

Since our first remnant prairie burn in March of this year our prairie has become a magnet for migrating birds. Some of the highlights over the past couple of weeks have been Mourning and Connecticut Warblers, Marsh and Sedge Wren and many more species. This morning Greg Leopard from Columbia stopped by while visiting his mom in Rolla and we found Common Yellow throat, Nashville, Black throated Green, Black and White, Wilsons and at least four Redstarts plus Swamp Sparrow and Yellow bellied Sapsucker.

Our prairie is for the most part a tall grass prairie bordered by a savanna to the south, a woodland to the west and a riparian zone to the north and east. I was collecting seed today and the food supply for seed eaters is abundant; expecting lots of winter sparrows very soon. WE have a trail mowed around the prairie and with a little pishing you should see lots of birds. If you are driving through Rolla please stop by and visit.

Yours in bird conservation.
Mike Doyen
Rolla, MO

ASM Fall Meeting: September 27-29 2013 at Lake of the Ozarks State Park