    In our Joplin, Jasper County, residential yard:
    I heard an Eastern Screech Owl and
    a Great Horned Owl early this morning, 10-5.
    We have one of two Ruby-throated Hummingbirds
    that prefers to sit on the clothesline rope between
    feedings.

    The Scissor-tailed count at MSSU was 30
    this evening, 6:55 to 7:10 pm., Joplin.

    McDonald County:
    Joyce Haynes phoned and reported
    20 Snowy Egrets and
    400 Cattle Egrets along Hwy. 90 in fields between
    Southwest City and Noel, MO. early this afternoon.
    I suppose locusts are lethargic and easy pickings in
    this cool weather in those fields.

    Larry Herbert,  Joplin, MO.  certhiaATatt.net  10-05-13.

ASM Fall Meeting: September 27-29 2013 at Lake of the Ozarks State Park