There were a few birds around Heron Pond.  We saw four Long-billed Dowitchers, a Stilt Sandpiper, and a few Greater Yellowlegs, along with one Avocet that appeared to be a male by its bill shape.  There are still a number of Marsh and Sedge Wrens in the area of the down stream blind and the Nelson's Sparrow made a nice appearance along with a few Swamp Sparrows.  We had fly bys of a Peregrine Falcon and a Cooper's Hawk that both seemed to be hunting blackbirds.  Otherwise there did not seem to be much except the usual RIng-billed Gulls, Double-crested Comorants, and the Osprey that has been in the area for some time.
David Becher
St. Louis