Also, thank you Steve Kinder and Edge Wade for the great driving directions and posting this event on MO-birds!!!!!!

Lori Turner

Columbia, MO

From: Missouri Wild Bird Forum [mailto:[log in to unmask]] On Behalf Of Turner, Lori
Sent: Friday, October 04, 2013 10:11 AM
To: [log in to unmask]
Subject: Re: SWALLOWS!!!

I drove to the cornfield last night after work, well worth the 2 hour drive from Columbia.  There was already a nice couple set up to watch the show when I got there at 6:30, they drove from Columbia also, and sorry I already forgot their names.  I took several videos including a northern harrier trying to have a swallow dinner and hundreds of pelicans flying across the sunset.  I’ve attached a short clip of the swallows for anyone who has never experienced this and are a little hesitant on driving far to see it, I know I was but glad I did!!!

The nice couple that was there said they drove up on a Saturday last year, but a cold front pushed through and the birds, perhaps, started south.

Lori Turner

Columbia, MO