All:

On Saturday, October 5, 2012, I will lead an SLAS sponsored 1/2 day fieldtrip to search for Yellow Rails at BK Leach CA - King's Lake and Bittern Basin Units (Lincoln Co.).  There will be lots of intense walking, which includes; walking through high weeds, mud, and water; so please dress appropriately.  I promise there will be no swimming (as we have come very close to doing on a few of these walks)!

WHO CAN COME:  Members or Non-Members, experienced or beginners.

MEET:  *8:00AM* at the Waterfowl HQ's Parking Lot.  Will plan to bird until about noon.  Directions are as follows:  Take Hwy 79 north, past Winfield, to Hwy M.  Turn right (east) on Hwy M, follow Hwy M about 3 miles.  Turn left onto gravel road and follow to waterfowl HQ's.

CARPOOLING:  NONE.

TARGET BIRDS:  Rails and Sparrows.  We have only had the elusive Yellow Rail once in the previous six years (October 6, 2007).  However, we typically - no particular order - have very good looks at multiple Sora, maybe a Virginia Rail, Nelson’s and LeConte’s Sparrows, American Bitterns have been observed most years, various Raptors, Sedge and Marsh Wren.

WHAT TO BRING:
- enough water/drink for morning until about noon
- snacks if you need them
- binoculars

LEADER:  Joshua Uffman

If you have any questions or need further clarification, etc., please contact me at the below e-mail address or call (new phone number):  314.616.0296

Josh

Joshua Uffman
St. Louis County, MO
MO-Records: www.showme-birds.com