St. Louis Audubon Society
2013 Annual Dinner & Silent Auction
Sunday, October 20th, 5 p.m.
Noppadol Paothong, Photographer

We are pleased to announce our 2013 Annual Dinner will take place at The
Highlands Golf Club in Forest Park on Sunday, October 20th. Awards will be
presented for Outstanding Conservationist, Educator and Volunteer. The
evening will conclude with our keynote speaker Noppadol Paothong,
photographer and author, discussing his recent book, "Save the Last Dance -
A Story of North American Grassland Grouse."
Our Conservation Award will be presented to John Behrer, Shaw Nature Reserve
Director, in recognition of the decades-long effort by him and his staff to
restore the natural areas of the Nature Reserve. Our Educator Award goes to
Jerry Castillon, Meramec Community College, for his 50 years of passion
teaching biology and environmental studies in the classroom, at workshops
and through field experience programs.
Noppadol Paothong will showcase his book, "Save the Last Dance - A Story of
North American Grassland Grouse" - a book he's been working on for over a
decade. He will share stories from his 11-year journey of documenting these
highly endangered and extraordinary birds, along with his captivating images
of the species' mating rituals and habitats and interesting videos from
behind the scenes. Noppadol hopes the book can help rescue grassland grouse
from the brink of extinction by showing the world what it stands to lose if
these species are allowed to disappear forever.
Noppadol Paothong is a staff wildlife photographer with the Missouri
Department of Conservation. He has received numerous awards for his work
which has also appeared in Audubon, Field & Stream and others. Copies of his
book will be available for sale, and he will be available for signing during
the social hour.
The cost is $40 per person. Reservations are required; space is limited.
Don't delay!
The Highlands is at 5163 Clayton Avenue, St. Louis 63110, in the southeast
corner of Forest Park.
For additional details and registration, visit:
http://www.stlouisaudubon.org/calendar/content/annual-dinner-2013.php

Sincerely,

Mitch Leachman
Executive Director