Jewel Brooker discusses this in her article in Cassandra's and my book on T. S. Eliot and Desire, Gender, and Sexuality (2004), and her notes, especially note # 3, list sources. As it is much more recent, it would be valuable to check it out also. The long list of sources in Gordon's T. S. Eliot: an Imperfect Life (1999)would no doubt yield a great deal.
Nancy

>>> Chokh Raj 10/07/13 1:08 PM >>>

TS Eliot: a philosophical anthropologist

T. S. Eliot, Anthropologist and Primitive
William Harmon

American Anthropologist
New Series, Vol. 78, No. 4 (Dec., 1976), pp. 797-811
Published by: Wiley
Article Stable URL:http://www.jstor.org/stable/675145

This might be of some help.

CR