I would think Ron Schuchard would be certain to know about reading lists. I would try asking him.
Nancy

>>> Ken Armstrong 10/07/13 10:50 AM >>>
Rick,
Sorry, my floundering memory won't pull up the name of the essay; maybe
one of the two on humanism? As I dimly recollect, Eliot's comment on
positivism was to the effect that it was worth exploring positivism to
learn that it was a dead end. Since my own thought is that positivism
gets off to a false start and therefore can only end wrong, I'm inclined
to accept the dead end pronouncement. I'm not sure having a reading
list from the anthropology course would reveal Eliot's take on it, but I
wouldn't be surprised if it doesn't exist somewhere. I think the
dissertation would dissuade you on the liklihood of his taking a
Jungian/Freudian angle on anthropology; I'd guess his own inclination
would have been more toward a philosophical anthropology.

Ken A