Yes Ken the one of her looking over her shoulder at the camera from 1931 is pretty tired and sad I think.

Pete

From: T. S. Eliot Discussion forum. [mailto:[log in to unmask]] On Behalf Of Ken Armstrong
Sent: Friday, 1 November 2013 10:24 AM
To: [log in to unmask]
Subject: Re: "That corpse you planted..."

Thanks, Pete. I vaguely thought some such might be at work, but I think in some of the photos I've seen her body language overcomes conventions and technological limitations. To be sure, hers seemed to be such a hard and sad life it's not a surprise that it could come through as such in those early photographs.

Ken A