In a "Commentary" on censorship in 1919 (Criterion), Eliot wrote that censoring a book would simply draw in people who "flock to be shocked." This sounds like a quotation or an allusion to me. I don't think Eliot would use a rhyme like this in a prose sentence if it were not an allusion, perhaps to some light verse. If anyone has an idea what the source might be, please let me know.

The full passage is: A daily newspaper, or a Sunday newspaper informs its readers that a certain book, of which the vast majority would not otherwise have heard, is frightfully shocking. Its readers, no doubt, flock to be shocked.