PS - It is as if the 'bones' have arrived at a state of 'Shantih', the peace which passeth understanding, cured of a certain earthly fever of which Donne, for instance, had the knowledge:

He knew the anguish of the marrow
The ague of the skeleton;
No contact possible to flesh
Allayed the fever of the bone.