Incidentally,

In my beginning is my end.

"Stand on the highest pavement of the stair -
 Lean on a garden urn -
 Weave, weave the sunlight in your hair -
 Clasp your flowers to you with a pained suprise -
 Fling them to the ground and turn
 With a fugitive resentment in your eyes:
 But weave, weave the sunlight in your hair."

It's a rather painful process, though:

"She turned away, but with the autumn weather
 Compelled my imagination many days,
 Many days and many hours:
 Her hair over her arms and her arms full of flowers.
 And I wonder how they should have been together!
 I should have lost a gesture and a pose.
 Sometimes these cogitations still amaze
 The troubled midnight, and the noon's repose.

Cultivating self-abnegation early on, I suppose.

CR