In all the banter which you evoked (unwittingly I'm sure) Ken, I saw no reference to Eliot's little essay on Marie Lloyd, which provides a pretty definitive view of Eliot's high regard for the music hall, esp. its moral dimension. See Selected Essays. I wonder if Mr. Muldoon was/is/will be aware of it.
P. M.