Come to think of it, if we are to have as many books on Shakespeare as
there are professors of Shakespeare, future generations will have a
difficult time at best of having a comprehensive grasp of their field.
It seems to obtain now not just in the case of Shakespeare, but even of
Eliot. But I didn't mean to say that just because an author has
published a lot of books in a relatively short time that he or she
doesn't have a lot to say. It raises the question, but doesn't
necessarily imply the answer. Hence my query.

Thanks,
Ken A

PS I believe Marshall McLuhan has now authored more books post mortem
than when he was alive. So there is life after death....