   Watching?  Was there video?  What did you think of the idea of
regarding TWL as a night at a music hall? I thought, given Eliot's
professed enjoyment of music hall entertainment, that it was an
appealing idea, but I don't see it getting past the first line of poem.
There are certainly some 'characters' in TWL, but Phlebas floating
decomposing, the peace that passeth understanding, the undertow of
broken lives throughout -- it just doesn't feel like the hearty kind of
raucousness or comic sentiment that I imagine a music hall setting might
support.  ????

Ken A