***Deadline extended to October 6, 2013***

Collective Memory and Collective Representations ? Studying the German Democratic Republic

25 years after the fall of the Berlin Wall this panel addresses the German reunification as case that can help us to understand the mechanisms and consequences of rapid social, economic, political, and institutional change.

How much GDR is left?  Does the GDR belong to history or memory? How did life in the GDR affect how former East Germans live today? How is the GDR remembered today?

We are seeking presenters for a panel at the annual meeting of the Eastern Sociological Society. The meeting will take place on February 20 ? 23 in Baltimore, MD.

Please, submit abstracts by October 6, 2013 to [log in to unmask]. We strongly encourage researchers from other disciplines to participate! Also, feel free to submit an abstract that goes beyond the description above. We are curious to hear from you.

Please include with your abstract:

Name and Affiliation
Email address
Looking forward to hearing from you!