I too wanted to ask a similar question. On Saturday evening, at the Post-Dispatch Lake near the Boat House, I was watching a large congregation (or whatever the collective noun is) of Chimney Swifts. They swooped and zipped through the air for a while, and then , in a solid group, zoomed off towards the trees and houses on Lindell Blvd, and did not re-appear.

Is this part of the regular group behaviour of the Swifts?

Thanks, and cheers, Deepa.