Please allow me to rescind my recently posted report of a YELLOW-BREASTED CHAT. Upon further study, it is unlikely I observed this bird.

Apologies for any confusion about that.

Thanks,
Devin Peipert

On Wed, Sep 25, 2013 at 7:10 PM, Devin Peipert <[log in to unmask]> wrote:
Victoria Lungu and I observed the Nelson's Sparrow at the east blind at Heron Pond with John Solodar. We also spotted a common yellow-throat at that location. We are very confident we saw a sedge wren on the trail to the blind, but given the number of marsh wrens out today (and given that it was hunkered down and somewhat obscured by tall grasses), we will likely not report the sedge on eBird.

On the trail to the east of the east blind, we observed another likely sedge wren (though again, will likely not report for the same reasons), as well as two yellow-breasted chats.

Later in the day, on the trail to the west blind of Heron Pond, we flushed a number of somewhat distant sparrows that we were not able to identify, and finished at that spot with a bobolink.

Devin Peipert
Jerseyville, IL