I also had a very nice LeConte's Sparrow at the Orton Road end. It was done the side trail that comes off the dike along with lots of both wrens.
David Becher
Saint Louis

Sent from my iPhone

On Sep 26, 2013, at 11:54 AM, "Cornelius Alwood" <[log in to unmask]> wrote:

Thanks to Barbara Johnson several of us had good views of a perched Nelson's Sparrow near the east blind at Riverlands this morning. Several Marsh and Sedge Wrens put on a good show for us. The only other sparrow was a Swamp.

Right before the first blind on Ellis Island a small flock of warblers, including male Yellow-throated and Blackburnian Warblers, flew in and out of Cottonwood trees. A Palm, Magnolia, and threeYellow-rumped Warblers were in the same flock. A couple of Blue-Gray Gnatcatchers were also in the same area. Finally, a Yellow-throated Vireo joined in.

While I was watching the passerines an Osprey flew over.

Others may have more to add.

Connie Alwood
St. Louis County