Victoria Lungu and I observed the Nelson's Sparrow at the east blind at
Heron Pond with John Solodar. We also spotted a common yellow-throat at
that location. We are very confident we saw a sedge wren on the trail to
the blind, but given the number of marsh wrens out today (and given that it
was hunkered down and somewhat obscured by tall grasses), we will likely
not report the sedge on eBird.

On the trail to the east of the east blind, we observed another likely
sedge wren (though again, will likely not report for the same reasons), as
well as two yellow-breasted chats.

Later in the day, on the trail to the west blind of Heron Pond, we flushed
a number of somewhat distant sparrows that we were not able to identify,
and finished at that spot with a bobolink.

Devin Peipert
Jerseyville, IL