Missouri River Bird Observatory
www.mrbo.org
660.886.8788

On 16 Sep, 2013, at 7:50 AM, "Turner, Lori" <[log in to unmask]> wrote:

Thursday when I got off work around 7:30 p.m. there were a bunch, 50-100, swifts flying around above the pole yard at Boone Electric, where 7th St. and Nebraska meet.

Lori Turner
Columbia, MO
From: Missouri Wild Bird Forum [mailto:MOBIRDS-[log in to unmask]] On Behalf Of MARGE LUMPE
Sent: Saturday, September 14, 2013 7:41 AM
To: [log in to unmask]
Subject: Re: swift count

I've been meaning to inquire if the swifts are gone from all locations in Missouri.  The new Cole Camp tower was used this year, and the City Council observed around 200 coming to roost sometime in July.  I have gone in several evenings to check on it, but I thought I had just arrived too late.  One evening this week I checked about 7:15 and I stayed until 8:00.  No sign of swifts.
Marge

Marge Lumpe
P. O. Box 448
Cole Camp, MO 65325