From: Mike Doyen
Sent: 20 Sep 2013 20:37:59 GMT
To: [log in to unmask]
Subject: Observed hummingbird behavior

Up until Wednesday night we had about 15 Ruby Throated Hummingbirds in the back yard. Wednesday night just at dark we noticed both feeder full of ruby throats, no one was acting aggressive they were all just sitting and feeding, we had not seen that passive behavior ever before. We also noticed that Wednesday night was a full moon. The next day they had all left except for two. Its two days later and now we have about six on the two back feeders.

For those of you who feed hummingbirds did you notice the number of hummingbirds around your feeders to be much lower on Thursday? Just curious as if the moon plays a role in the migration of hummingbirds!

Mike
Pablo Neruda.