Observed the same thing. From 12-15 earlier in the week to none yesterday and today.

Clark Creighton
Wildwood MO

On Sep 20, 2013, at 3:37 PM, Mike Doyen <[log in to unmask]> wrote:

Up until Wednesday night we had about 15 Ruby Throated Hummingbirds in the back yard. Wednesday night just at dark we noticed both feeder full of ruby throats, no one was acting aggressive they were all just sitting and feeding, we had not seen that passive behavior ever before. We also noticed that Wednesday night was a full moon. The next day they had all left except for two. Its two days later and now we have about six on the two back feeders.

For those of you who feed hummingbirds did you notice the number of hummingbirds around your feeders to be much lower on Thursday? Just curious as if the moon plays a role in the migration of hummingbirds!

Mike
Pablo Neruda.