Jake P.
St. Joseph
Buchanan Co.

On Sep 21, 2013, at 11:02 PM, "Barbara Mayer-Douglas" <[log in to unmask]> wrote:

Try a little oil (olive/canola etc) on the feeding ports, but NOT the perches.  Bees slide off but the hummers can still sit and drink!

Barb Mayer-Douglas
St. Louis, MO

From: Frances Cramer <[log in to unmask]>
To: [log in to unmask]
Sent: Saturday, September 21, 2013 8:47 PM
Subject: Humming Birds and Bees?

We have not had a great number of Hummingbirds this year but have enjoyed those we've had, until recently (within the last 2 weeks).
We have 4 feeders out, using the recommended 4-2-1 nectar recipe, and the bees ( I think honeybees) have taken over, causing the hummers to shy away from the feeders.

Anyone have a solution to discourage the bees?  Don't want to harm them, but just a way to keep them off the feeders.?????

Thanks,
Frances Cramer
St. Joseph, MO