I know how ridiculous this might be, but I'm pretty certain I witnessed a frigatebird on my way to work just about an hour ago.

I was headed west on I-70 and saw it between Odessa and Oak Grove. It was flying south/southwest.

I know how unlikely that is but I've seen them before in Kauai,  Florida and Costa Rica and those wings are unmistakable!!!   It might havemmature been immature because I noticed a light throat/upper breast but the rest of the bird was black.

I didn't have a safe place to pull over as there was too much traffic but I was able to slow down and get a good look at the wings and flight. Really wish I could have gotten video.

Heather Clenin
Lafayette County

Sent from my Virgin Mobile phone