From: Missouri Wild Bird Forum [mailto:[log in to unmask]] On Behalf
Of Mike Doyen
Sent: Friday, September 20, 2013 3:38 PM
To: [log in to unmask]
Subject: Observed hummingbird behavior

Up until Wednesday night we had about 15 Ruby Throated Hummingbirds in the
back yard. Wednesday night just at dark we noticed both feeder full of ruby
throats, no one was acting aggressive they were all just sitting and
feeding, we had not seen that passive behavior ever before. We also noticed
that Wednesday night was a full moon. The next day they had all left except
for two. Its two days later and now we have about six on the two back
feeders.

For those of you who feed hummingbirds did you notice the number of
hummingbirds around your feeders to be much lower on Thursday? Just curious
as if the moon plays a role in the migration of hummingbirds!

Mike

Pablo Neruda.

  _____

Archives <https://po.missouri.edu/archives/mobirds-l.html>  / Subscription