Bonnie Heidy and I drove down to the Selecturf sod farm this afternoon.  About 5 p.m., we found one Buff-breasted Sandpiper.

The road Brad describes is the one running parallel with 63, going toward Jeff City from the buildings at the turn-in off 63.  We found only Killdeer, a single Least and one Pectoral Sandpiper in the floodles in the green sod.  We drove further, to the point of the "bulge" with the utility poles.  There is plowed land here.  The BBSA was with at least 11 Semipalmated Plovers, many Killdeer (including imm.s) and a couple Least and pecs.

These were all along a narrow strip of water running parallel with the road, far enough back into the plowed field that a scope is necessary to see any detail on the birds.

Edge Wade
Columbia, MO