I think that on Monday, as reported below, the MiKi parent was doing its best to convince the youngster to leave the nest.  It did go higher in the tree but returned to the nest at dusk.  The next morning, though, It was perched solidly on a dead branch across the street—and it has stayed there ever since.  The parents are feeding it, but it’s soaked from yesterday’s and this morning’s downpours.  I have a couple of photos but it seems perpetually backlit.  Hoping it finds its courage and soars soon, though I’ll miss it when it’s gone.