During the noon hour on 7 August 2013 I checked and finally saw three Buff-breasted Sandpipers at the Selecturf, Inc. sod farm north of Jefferson City in southern Callaway County. They were in the short sod grass near other shorebirds that were wading in pools of water from last night's rain.   Also saw Least, Pectoral, Baird's sandpipers; lesser yellowlegs, and a few others. I didn't check the area farther east of the bulge in the frontage road that goes around the power pole and equipment storage.  The shorebirds were in the water and on the green sod areas on the north side of the gravel and dirt road leading east of the office buildings. This about a one mile on US 63 after US 63 separates from US 54 highway. US 63 goes north toward Ashland and Columbia.

Brad

Brad Jacobs
Missouri Department of Conservation
P.O. Box 180