Back in the state again and looking for birds.  I don't know which way to go to see all the great sightings: Sharp-tailed Sandpiper, Neotropic Conrmorant and Tricolored Heron at Columbia Bottom CA, St. Charles Co; or Rufous Hummingbird in Kennett, Dunklin Co; or Black-headed Grosbeak near Albany, Gentry Co. It doesn't sound like any have been seen again  so I might just have to go birding instead.  Let us all know if there is a second or later sighting of these or other good birds.

I visited Eagle Bluff CA, Boone Co, last night from 5:30 pm to 7:15 pm.  Saw 35 species including: 9 Forster's Terns, 2 Least Terns, 18 Black Terns all sitting or flying around in the wet end of Pool 10 or the channel between Pool 10 and Pool 15.  Also, 2 Lesser Yellowlegs, 3 Solitary sandpipers, 1 Spotted Sandpiper, 10 Least Sandpipers, 1 Semipalmated Plover, plus the regulars including Yellow Warblers, Prothonotary Warblers, white-eyed vireo, and lots of Great Blue Herons and Great Egrets.

Brad

Brad Jacobs
Missouri Department of Conservation
P.O. Box 180