Let us take a couple of days to read this article before we proceed any further.
Regards,
CR

Sent from my iPhone

On Aug 18, 2013, at 11:32 AM, Chokh Raj <[log in to unmask]> wrote:

Fortunately, unlike in the past, we can now read this item online for free by registering for a MyJSTOR account.

CR

The Tarot Fortune in The Waste Land
Betsey B. Creekmore
ELH
Vol. 49, No. 4 (Winter, 1982), pp. 908-928
Published by: The Johns Hopkins University Press

"[T]he Tarot fortune is more than incidental to the meaning and movement of The Waste Land. ... "[I]ndividual reflection" provides meaning for the cards, since "the pictures are like doors which open into unexpected chambers or like a turn in the open road with a wide prospect beyond."

looking afresh

CR

---