Why would you refer me to Gardiner's very well known and now very old book (1950)? Anyone interested in the plays might want to read Randy Malamud and Carol H. Smith in David Chinitz's collection, A Companion to T. S. Eliot (2009). But I would be more interested here in any commentary from members of the list than exchanges of citations that we can all find if we don't already know them.

If you wish to make a point about the plays, that would be interesting. What about them?
Nancy

>>> P 08/05/13 6:13 PM >>>
I refer you to my attempts to discuss Eliot's plays. The content may not be all that enticing but the renderings of common discussion in verse form are. I refer you to Helen Gardiner's The Art of T.S. Eliot. Sometimes I wonder if we are not addicted to content. No more critical perception is at play.
P.

Nancy Gish wrote:

Even if one has university access, as I do, one cannot be constantly looking at one person's latest suggestion or, in an earlier comment, "blog." I am no more able to read all this than you, and it's all available in databases and bibliographies when one chooses.

A discussion list, I would think, would be for discussion. This has not been one for a long time.
Best,
Nancy

>>> David Boyd 08/05/13 4:55 PM >>>

The author is a distinguished Editor on the current Eliot Project.

But, CR, it's very irritating to face demands for payment to read this and other papers that you circulate. I don't have the luxury of online access via university etc library to all manner of (expensive) online literary databases, so it's all rather cruel to be tantalised and then refused access unless I pay $$$$