 From: Rickard A. Parker <[log in to unmask]>
To: [log in to unmask]
Sent: Monday, August 12, 2013 8:27 PM
Subject: Re: Poem-A-Day: please rework

I'm with Tom on this one.  Please drop the Poem-A-Day posts except for ones
that you actually write a comparison with Eliot.

If you would like us to subscribe to Poem-A-Day add a link to your
signature.  If there is one that you really, really think is good and want
us to read then add a post-script to an Eliot post.  I can forgive an odd
one now and then since "Poem-A-Day" is as good of a tag for me as "Off
topic" or "OT".

Years ago I got just a few messages a day other this list. Now email is used
by everyone I know and every place I do business.

Regards,
   Rick Parker

On Mon, 12 Aug 2013 08:42:10 -0400, Tom Colket <[log in to unmask]> wrote:

>You must be a new
subscriber to this list.  Your post that
this has nothing whatsoever to do with T. S. Eliot, which is the topic that the
List subscribers have voluntarily chosen to discuss.

There are many Internet lists that talk about poetry in general, but this is
not one of them.

For the occasional post that is off-topic, we put the phase
"off-topic" in the subject line as a courtesy  to alert subscribers that a
given post does
not pertain to T. S. Eliot (although the Listers may still find the post
interesting).

Unfortunately, your post was both off-topic and contains no such labeling.

Failure to adhere to these simple rules is considered rude and arrogant. While
the list has no moderator (so every post is sent automatically to all
subscribers without a person screening the posts) we are self-policing. This
means that we do respond to inappropriate posts in an attempt to maintain
the purpose,
integrity, and quality of the list.

When we have not done a good job of self-policing in the past, we have seen
List membership drop neatly in half from its high point in 2001. We are
currently
trying to re-build the List membership. Please help us by following our
conventions.

-- Tom Colket --

>Date: Mon, 12 Aug 2013 04:55:05 -0700
>From: [log in to unmask]
>Subject: Fw: Poem-A-Day: Conspiracy to Commit Larceny: A Recipe by Jennifer
Militello
>To: [log in to unmask]
>
>The poet will forgive me but with due respect I must say this is fine but
it is not poetry.
>Being subjective?
>Any opinion?
>CR