A very significant review of TSOTGD is Ellic Howe's THE MAGICIANS OF THE GOLDEN DAWN. I found it very helpful,
very well documented. Nothing on Beloit, nothing on Williams who was only a minor member. Lots about the tarot.
P.

P <[log in to unmask]> wrote:

For a virtually contemporary take,
one could look at Chas. Williams' THE GREATER TRUMPS. Williams, like Yeats, Crowley, &c. belonged to the Society of the Golden Dawn which carried a lot of cultural weight at a time when the occult was very influential.

Chokh Raj <[log in to unmask]> wrote:

The Tarot Fortune in The Waste Land

Betsey B. Creekmore
ELH
Vol. 49, No. 4 (Winter, 1982), pp. 908-928
Published by: The Johns Hopkins University Press
Article Stable URL: http://www.jstor.org/stable/2872904

"[T]he Tarot fortune is more than incidental to the meaning and movement of The Waste Land. ... "[I]ndividual reflection" provides meaning for the cards, since "the pictures are like doors which open into unexpected chambers or like a turn in the open road with a wide prospect beyond."

http://www.jstor.org/discover/10.2307/2872904?uid=3739728&uid=2129&uid=2&uid=70&uid=4&uid=3739256&sid=21102562641427

looking afresh

CR