From: Jack Cowan <[log in to unmask]>
To: [log in to unmask]
Sent: Monday, July 1, 2013 12:01 PM
Subject: bill rudden

Bill Rudden was one of the nicest guys I've ever met. He was always willing to show me something, to teach me something.
I remember watching him with his eye pinned to a spotting scope, carefully looking over a flock of sparrows in one of the meadows at Tower Grove Park. He was so painstaking. I remember thinking, "You'll never be as good a birder as Bill Rudden. You don't have the patience."
And Bill was a very good birder.

mmWell, Bill, I hope the birding is good wherever you are.

Jack Cowan
South St. Louis