Greetings!

With a day off work Friday, I spent it at Eagle Bluffs Conservation Area where I bumped into and was fortunate enough to have birded with Chris Corbin for several hours.
http://extra.mdc.mo.gov/documents/area_brochures/8931map.pdf

With Chris Corbin's help, the tally of species equaled a humble 67 species. The Lark Sparrow was my first this year as was the Bell's Vireo in the ~15-20 feet tall oaks/sycamore stand as you enter the conservation area.

There was a pair of Blue-winged Teal inthe southeast corner of Pool 8 near the Perche Creek levee.

Along Pool 10 were 11 Least Sandpipers mixed in with some Killdeer. The only species of shorebirds we could pull out. Full report on CACHE.

On the way out of the conservation area, I ran into Susan Hazelwood (sp?) as she was coming in to perform a spot count.

It was great to run into some local birders!

Bird on!

Chris Barrigar

Cole Co.
Russellville, MO