MOBirders-
Since several of you have emailed me....

eBird was hacked sometime earlier this afternoon (~1:15pm), and a dummy front page was put in place.

The eBird team at Cornell rerouted traffic to avoid the front page by about 2:15pm. If you go to www.ebird.org<http://www.ebird.org> (as of 4pm) it will take you directly to the Explore Data page. Everyone can still submit observations.

The hackers did not attack the separate, more secure servers that contain all of the data/accounts/etc. All they seem to have done (at least as far as the eBird staff has relayed to editors so far) is change the front page and the "About eBird" page.

So, to sum, eBird was hacked, but observation data and personal accounts were not touched. eBird is fully functional.

If you're leery of going to www.ebird.org<http://www.ebird.org>, here are some direct links to various parts of eBird:

Submit observations: http://www.ebird.org/ebird/submit

My eBird: http://www.ebird.org/ebird/MyEBird

View/Explore Data: http://www.ebird.org/ebird/eBirdReports?cmd=Start

Feel free to email me with any questions/problems.

Cheers,
Ryan

Ryan Douglas
Postdoctoral Fellow