    Tony R. and Mobirders -

    The first nesting record of the Mississippi Kite, here in the
    Joplin area, was at Saginaw, Newton County.  Summer, 1993.
    Two college students lived there and enjoyed the nest through
    the scope.
    They volunteered to watch it for a couple of hours to see what
    items the adults were bringing the two nestlings.  All insects
    except for one important item:  Both students agreed that one
    item that was brought to the nest was a HUMMINGBIRD.

    I wrote a note about the occurrence.  It appeared in our ASM
    publication "The Bluebird"  Vol. 61, p. 10-12, in 1994.

    Lawrence Herbert,  Joplin MO.  certhiaATatt.net  7-4-13.

ASM Website: http://mobirds.org/