    Mississippi Kites must be fairly common in southern
    Missouri anymore.  There was one at Carl Junction, MO.,
    Jasper County today too.
    I went there to check on my Ring-necked Duck at the
    CJ Water Treatment Facility.  No Ring-necked today.
    I was sure that it was a perfectly healthy critter yesterday.

    A Chuck-will's-widow called a few times this evening
    at 9 pm., here in our Joplin backyard.  I wonder if the
    neighbor's fireworks set him off. Seriously.  Good night.

    Larry Herbert,  Joplin, Jasper County, MO.  certhia ATatt.net
    7-3-13.