Lost Valley Trail- Weldon Spring, Mo

The YB Chats are fun to listen to.  Today at Lost Valley, we had 1 that mimicked the calls of a Red-shouldered Hawk.  Last week Blue Jays were their mimics and today one of a pair of Chats decided to expertly incorporate their call into its routine.  Interesting that the Chats were in the vicinity of the Hawk nest, that is now empty, and they revealed their own by flying over us to it.  Very impressed by its interpretation(it was , too, for that's about all we heard from it)

Bryan Prather
St. Louis Co., Mo

Sent from my iPhone