I saw my first of the season returning Shorebirds this morning at the new Zell tract, on the west side of Pershing SP, Linn Co. There were only a few dozen, not counting all the Killdeer, but nice variety for this early. These included Least, Spotted, Pectoral, and Solitary Sandpipers, Lesser and Greater Yellowlegs, and 4 Black-necked Stilts. Have to wonder what direction the BNST came from?? The only waders were a couple dozen Great Blue Herons.

I did a BDR route through the west part of Fountain Grove CA on the way home. I observed 40+ Great Egrets and a lone Forester's Tern transitioning from alternate to basic plumage, but no other shorebirds.

Later,
Steve Kinder
Chillicothe, Livingston Co.