I'm trying to get my head around the literary survey work set out here - firstly a contemporary Review of the 'Man and Literature' book, along with how the author slots Eliot into his theories.

Personally find it very odd that this writer (1914-1987) seeks to analyse literary responses to 'Life' without ever mentioning the philosophy that underpinned them, eg Hobbes v Rousseau etc. The author was an autodidact, by the way; he was also, like Eliot, a committed Christian, following a spell of agnosticism when younger, so I'm a bit flummoxed how he can claim that his analyses aren't from a Christian perspective.
It was reading Eliot's early published poetry that motivated this guy to become a poet himself, by the way, so his attitude to Eliot was aleays one of reverence.