And, not incidental,

A painter of the Umbrian school
Designed upon a gesso ground        10
The nimbus of the Baptized God.
The wilderness is cracked and browned

But through the water pale and thin
Still shine the unoffending feet
And there above the painter set        15
The Father and the Paraclete.

-- TS Eliot, Mr. Eliot’s Sunday Morning Service

CR

Chokh Raj <[log in to unmask]> wrote Saturday, July 6, 2013 8:15 AM:

Permit me, in this regard, to share a fine picture of Nativity at

http://mariannedorman.homestead.com/Influence.html

Signs are taken for wonders. “We would see a sign”:
The word within a word, unable to speak a word,
Swaddled with darkness. In the juvescence of the year
Came Christ the tiger

-- TS Eliot, Gerontion

CR