I used to send a command to the listserver once in a while to get the number
of list subscribers. A few years ago I started getting messages saying that
I was not authorized to use the command.  The number has been pretty steady
at about 250 members since I joined the list until I was denied access to
the information.  Maybe it was at the end of last year that Peter M. was
having some trouble with the list. He sent a command and as a side-effect he
got the number of members sent back.  I remember him writing that the number
was about 200.

The number of list members would have almost no effect on Missouri's
resources. The number of bytes being stored would (number of posts, sizes of
the posts, attachments.)

Regards,
   Rick Parker