On 7/30/2013 7:09 AM, Tom Colket wrote:
[log in to unmask]" type="cite">

A discussion list has to have a critical mass of subscribers or it dies. For many years there was just such a critical mass on the TSE list. Someone would start a topic and others would pick it up and add things (and it wasn't always the exact same people, taking predictable "sides"). But in recent years the erosion of subscribers has became startling. We are now well below critical mass.

    Interesting. Are the actual figures available? I believe in the not too distant past Tim M has referred to restrictions on resources, both virtual and financial, and has asked for listers to make their preferences known to MO powers that be. I'm guessing that that hasn't much happened.

Ken A