On 7/31/2013 4:13 PM, Rickard A. Parker wrote:
> On Wed, 31 Jul 2013 17:11:13 +0000, Materer, Timothy J.
> <[log in to unmask]> wrote:
>
> As for a command to the listserv to divulge the list members, that may have
> been possible some years ago.
>
> No. Only admins could get names but the number of subscribers was public.

    Actually, just for the record, one could indeed get a list of
subscriber names and emails, with the proviso that the subscriber had
not elected to keep his or her info "concealed." I still have one such
list from 1998, along with what I suppose to be all of the posts sent to
my email address from that year. But you had to be a subscriber to get
the subscriber list.

Ken A